A series of workshops in which young participants, educators, artists and students will reflect on sensory overload in today's world, in which we receive from the external environment an excess of stimuli in relation to what we are able to process.
The reaction to this situation can be stress, an inadequate response, and ultimately withdrawal from social relationships. Analysing this situation and using the tools provided by contemporary art, the participants will create a utopian convention about the rights of children to a comfortable perception of the world through their senses, which will include such demands as the right to: silence and comfortable sound, natural taste and smell, well-designed space, as well as participation in discussions about the surrounding world. As a result of the joint work, visual and sound installations will be created symbolically referring to the "spa for the senses", which will be used by the students of pedagogy to develop innovative methods of working with children at art exhibitions.
The workshop will be led by: Anna Królikiewicz, Małgorzata Mirga-Tas, Jan Kowal, Piotr Jaszczur Śnieguła, Agata Tecl-Szubert and Mikołaj Szubert-Tecl, Dominika Malska, Katarzyna Kalina, Agata Cabała
- Primary School No. 26 in Bytom
- Primary School No. 5 in Bytom
- Primary School No. 3 in Bytom
- Special School Complex no. 42 in Zabrze
- University of Silesia in Katowice
Co-financed by the Ministry of Culture, National Heritage and Sport from the Cultural Promotion Fund - a state purpose fund.
- October ‒ November 2021
- curator: Katarzyna Kalina
- coordination: Agata Gomolińska-Senczenko
- conducted by: Anna Królikiewicz, Małgorzata Mirga-Tas, Jan Kowal, Piotr Śnieguła, Agata Tecl-Szubert, Mikołaj Szubert-Tecl, Dominika Malska, Katarzyna Kalina, Agata Cabała
- identification: Julia Pałkowska
- educational programme: Dominika Malska